First check the system requirements before installing LibreOffice on Mac.
- Download the .DMG file from our Download page
- Open the DMG file by double-clicking on it.
- There is now an installation window: drag and drop the LibreOffice icon to the Applications folder. You may be required to enter your administrator's password.
- The installation is ongoing with a progress bar that will show when the installation is complete.
- If needed, you may now download and install the language pack(s) of your choice and built-in help by downloading the .DMG file of your choice. The installation steps are the same than the ones described above but you must have downloaded the main LibreOffice DMG file at first.
Users of Mac OSX 10.8 and later versions : If you are running MacOS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), you may run into a problem with Apple's new Gatekeeper. If so, you may find this article helpful. An easier solution to install the software and to run it the first time, right-click (control-click) the LibreOffice.app icon and choose Open from the context menu. You will be asked if you really want to start the program, confirm this to launch it.